Mango And Sweet Potato Salad
Dress up traditional potato salad with this tasty recipe. By adding fresh mango to delicious sweet potatoes and taking it to the grill, you may never look at potato salad the same way!
Sweet potato salad
- 4 Tbsp fresh chopped mint
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Lime juice, approx. 1 lime
- 1 Tsp lime rind, grated
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp sugar, extra fine
Potato salad ingredients:
- 1 large mango, skin removed
- 1 peeled sweet potato
- 1 head Bibb lettuce
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- Seasoning, to taste
- Preheat grill (or grill pan) to medium.
- Cut sweet potato and mango flesh into long wedges, about two centimetres wide and one centimetre thick. Keep in separate dishes.
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a bowl and pour half of mixture over the mango and potato.
- Using tongs, place sweet potato wedges over the grill and leave until grill marks appear and the bottom begins to soften (six to eight minutes).
- Grill the other side for another six minutes or so.
- While the other sides are cooking, place mango wedges directly on grill for about two to three minutes on each side. Place all the wedges on a cutting board and cut into cubes. Then toss with the remaining dressing.
- On plates, arrange lettuce leaves. Place the mango and sweet potato over the lettuce. Add finely chopped mint and seasoning to taste.