Oreos And Cake!
Calling all Oreo lovers out there...! This crunchy, chocolatey, chilled treat is a great way to deliciously cool off. Ice cream cakes are simple to make and take no time at all to prepare.
- 1/2 gallon ice cream [and flavour]
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 container whipped topping
- To soften, place ice cream in refrigerator. Keep 12 Oreos set aside.
- Take the rest of the Oreos and place in a large plastic bag. Crush them with a rolling pin or frying pan.
- Combine crushed Oreos with melted butter. Pat into the bottom of a 10-inch spring form pan.
- Gently mix the ice cream to soften it a bit more, then spoon ice cream on top of Oreo crust. With the back of a spoon or spatula, smooth top and sides.
- Cover entire cake with foil and place in freezer for roughly four hours. Take cake out of freezer and run a knife around the edge of the pan so it won't stick. Remove sides of pan.
- Place cake on a cutting board and cover sides and top of cake with whipped topping. Decorate with Oreos [whole or halved] and crushed Oreos. Put cake back in freezer for three to four hours. Let soften for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Want more Oreos?
Try this tasy, no-bake Oreo cookie pie to satisfy your cookie sweet tooth.