A Quick And Easy
Olive-stuffed cheese balls
Serving size 30–40 balls
These tasty little treats are sure to be a hit at your next dinner party or potluck. They can be made days, weeks or months in advance and then kept in the freezer until needed. What could be easier?
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 30–40 pitted green olives
- Blend the cheese and butter in a food processor. Add in the salt and flour.
- Remove olives from the jar and dry thoroughly using a paper towel.
- Transfer cheese dough to a bowl. Wrap dough around olives at a thickness of about half a centimetre to a centimetre. Place wrapped olives on a cooking tray. When all the olives are wrapped, place the tray in the freezer.
- When the balls are fully frozen, they can be transferred to a bag for easier storage.
- When you are ready to cook them, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Make sure the oven has reached the full temperature or the cheese mixture will melt.
- Lay cheese balls on a tray and bake for 12 minutes or until they begin to lightly brown.
- Remove the balls from the oven, and let them cool slightly before serving, as the moisture in the olives will be extra hot.
Note: The cheese balls can stay in the freezer for months, so don't be afraid to prepare them well in advance to always have an easy appetizer on hand for unexpected guests.