Pitcher Cocktails To Try At Your Next Gathering
The spring and summer months are the perfect time for relaxed, easy entertaining. It's the time to take your guests out to the patio for some great food and, of course, for some great drinks! Pass on the beer or wine, and offer your guests a cocktail treat that will be sure to please. Red wine-based sangria, punch, or Bloody Marys are all great pitcher drinks, but here are few other favourites to offer your guests.
Serving size 8
- 1-1/2 cup tequila
- 1 can frozen limeade (or lemonade)
- 4 (355 ml) cans American-style lager, chilled
- Lime (or lemon) slices for garnish
- Sea or kosher salt for rimming glasses
- In a large pitcher, mix the tequila and limeade.
- Add the beer and mix gently.
- Use a lime wedge to wet the rim of the cooler or beer glasses. Roll in the salt to coat the rim.
- Fill the glass with ice, and pour in the beer margarita.
- Garnish with a twist of lime.
Serving size 8
- 2 cups water
- 4 black tea bags
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups bourbon
- 4 ounces triple sec
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, boil 2 cups of water. Remove from heat and add the tea bags. Let them steep for approximately 6 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and stir in the honey until it's completely dissolved.
- Cool until the mixture reaches room temperature, then pour into a large pitcher and refrigerate until cold.
- Add the bourbon, triple sec, lemon juice and 1–2 cups of chilled water.
- Stir to blend well.
- Serve over ice in a highball or tall cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a twist of lemon.
White wine sangria
Serving size 10
- 1 cup triple sec
- 1 cup vodka, plain or citrus infused
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 oranges, sliced thin, seeds removed
- 1 lemon, sliced thin, seeds removed
- 1 lime, sliced thin, seeds removed
- 3 peaches, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 bottle of chilled pinot grigio or Chablis blanc, or as an option for a bubbly version, 1 bottle of prosecco
- 1 (750 ml) bottle of lemon-lime-flavoured sparkling water, chilled
- In a medium bowl, add the triple sec, vodka and sugar. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the orange, lemon, lime and peach slices, then lightly muddle.
- Chill in the fridge for two hours.
- Add the wine and sparkling water. Mix gently, pour into a large drink pitcher and serve cold.