Delightful Strawberry Creations To Try Now
For a sweet burst of nutritious strawberry and spinach flavours, try this recipe.
Simply delicious strawberry spinach salad
Serving size 4
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 cups hulled and sliced strawberries
- 4 large handfuls of washed and trimmed baby spinach
- In a small bowl or shaker, mix together the balsamic vinegar, oil and sugar. Whisk or shake until fully combined. Set the mixture aside at room temperature for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the almonds to a small skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the almonds are toasted and fragrant. Let them cool.
- In a large bowl, toss the spinach, strawberries and almonds together.
- Divide evenly among four salad plates or bowls.
- Drizzle with the balsamic dressing and serve.
Berry easy strawberry treat
An uncomplicated creamy sweet creation.
Serving size: Allow 6 strawberries per person
- Whole strawberries with the leaves left intact
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sour cream (regular or low-fat)
- Wash the whole strawberries, then add them to a large platter.
- Place the sour cream in a small bowl, and add it to the platter.
- Place the brown sugar in a small bowl, and add it to the platter.
- Dip a strawberry into the sour cream, then into the brown sugar and enjoy.
Strawberry mousse dessert
Rich and decadent, this easy dessert is a crowd-pleaser.
Serving size 12
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (85 gram) package strawberry-flavoured Jell-O jelly powder
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups frozen strawberries, thawed
- 3 cups mini-marshmallows
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar in a 9 x 13-inch pan. Pat down evenly to form a crust.
- In a large bowl, dissolve the strawberry Jell-O powder in the boiling water.
- Stir in the milk, lemon juice, strawberries and marshmallows. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whip the whipping cream until soft peaks are formed.
- Fold the whipped cream into the strawberry mixture.
- Pour over the crust, and refrigerate until set.
- Serve chilled.