Sweet Treats For You!
No-bake gooey peanut butter balls
Ever wondered what a Reese's peanut butter cup would taste like if it were soft and warm? Probably something like this — and boy, is it delicious!
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallows
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a pot over medium-low heat, let the butter melt.
- Add the marshmallows. Stir regularly as they begin to lose their shape.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- When the majority of the chocolate chips have melted into the mixture, stir in the peanut butter.
- Cover a baking tray with waxed paper. Place 1–2 tablespoons of the mixture onto the waxed paper. Repeat until you've used up the whole mixture. Let the drops cool before eating them, or transfer them to the fridge to store until later use. For added presentation, after mixture cool has cooled, roll them between your hands to form 1- to 2-inch balls.
They're an old staple for a reason: they're delicious!
- 6 cups crispy puff cereal, such as Kellogg's Rice Krispies
- 1 package miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the marshmallows, and stir thoroughly until they are entirely melted.
- Remove the pan from heat, and sitr in the crispy cereal.
- Press the mixture into a well-greased pan.
- Once cooled, cut into squares.
Serving size 16
You may not always have an open campfire over which to roast ooey-gooey s'mores, but that doesn't mean you can't make them! When you have a hankering for this campfire favourite, whip up these simple and delicious make-anywhere s'mores.
- 32 graham crackers
- 16 large marshmallows
- 16 1- to 2-inch pieces of chocolate
- Turn the oven on to a high broil.
- Place one marshmallow on each graham cracker. Repeat until ingredients are used up. Place them on a baking tray.
- Place the tray under the broiler for a few seconds, until marshmallows begin to melt.
- Remove the tray and apply chocolate and an additional graham cracker to each s'more.
- Return them to the oven for an extra-crispiness, or let them cool and enjoy.
Note: Feel free to use whichever brand and/or flavour of chocolate you prefer.