Your Kids Won't Guess The Secret Ingredient!
If you love mashed potatoes but aren't a fan of the carbs and fats they're loaded with, you don't have to give up on them! Turn to this healthy, scrumptious mashed "potatoes" and peas recipe when you're in need of a side dish. Cauliflower has never tasted so good!
Mashed "potatoes" and peas
Serving size 4
This delicious side dish is made entirely of healthy ingredients, but it tastes so darn good, no one will ever guess!
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Place the cauliflower florets in the water, and let them cook for 20–25 minutes. The cauliflower should be extremely tender.
- Bring a separate, smaller pot of water to a boil. Cook the peas in the water for 3–5 minutes or according to package instructions.
- Drain the cauliflower, then mash it thoroughly until it breaks down fully. Add the ricotta and salt, and continue mashing.
- Drain the peas and stir them into the cauliflower mixture.
- Serve with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese on top.