Simple Ways To Be Happy
Be in the moment
One of the best ways to boost your happiness quotient is to be in the moment. Yes, life may throw you curveballs, but how you choose to play the game is completely up to you! Worry is not a solution, only a non-productive thought, so take a few moments every day to deal with the bad, then take the rest of the day to embrace and celebrate the good!
Start a journal
Much has been said about gratitude, and having a personal journal is an amazing way to express that feeling. Consider keeping a positive journal to help you realize what's important in your life. This in turn will help promote a satisfying feeling of overall thankfulness for everyday life. To take it a step further, try jotting down personal thoughts or reflections to reconnect with your inner self and become more aware of who you are and your important place in the universe.
Pump up your endorphins
While being happy is generally considered an emotional state of being, your body's physiology can help increase feelings of happiness and contentment. Any form of physical exercise will pump up the production of endorphins, which are the chemicals responsible for boosting your feel-good spirit. Take a power walk, hit the swimming pool or play a game of soccer with your kids. It's up to you, but in the end, you'll feel energized and happier.
Take care of your health
Proper nutrition is the mainstay of your health, both physically and mentally, so don't neglect feeding your mind as well as your body. Omega-3 fatty acids are important for the normal functioning of the brain as well as a potential nutrient to offset feelings of depression, while a lack of some of the B vitamins may contribute to similar feelings, including depression, nervousness and insomnia. Keep your whole body functioning properly by fueling it with suggestions from the Canada Food Guide.
Other simple ideas to boost your happiness
- Get a good night's sleep.
- Reflect on — but don't dwell on — your past.
- Cuddle your kids and partner.
- Pet your dog or cat.
- Plan for the future.
- Take some me-time.
- Scrapbook or photo journal your memories.
- Talk to your best friend.
- Join a social club.
- Become a volunteer.
- Read a great book.
- Complete your do-to list.
- Take amazing photos.
- Check out an art gallery.
- Do something nice for a complete stranger.
- Take an interesting class.
- Make new friends.
- Organize a group activity.
- Get some fresh air.
- Make a bucket list and start checking it off.
- Make realistic goals.
- Follow your passion and your heart.
- Believe in second chances.
- Listen to your favourite music.
- Dance and sing out loud.
- Enjoy the view.
- Don't take things too seriously.
- Remember the little things.
- Believe in yourself.
- Enjoy life, because it is your one and only chance.